The Cobra mini sumo robot with four motors conforms to the mini-sumo ruleset of RoboGames, the world's largest robot competition. Most smaller events uses these rules, but always check with your event organizer to make sure.
- Width: 9.9cm (3.90")
- Length: 9.75cm (3.84")
- Height (ground to top of standoff): 3.77cm (1.48")
- Weight: 333grams (11.75oz) - Maximum allowed by RoboGames is 500g (17.63oz)
- Chassis: 1/16" thick garolite baseplate (pic). Has mounting holes for scoop, standoffs, and 3 QRD1114 floor sensors (2 front, 1 rear).
- Motors: 4x 35:1 Spark Gearmotors
- Wheels: 4x Cobra mini-sumo wheels. Shore A20 polyurethane - the highest traction mini-sumo wheels available.
- Sensors: Includes three QRD1114 floor sensors (2 front, 1 rear) mounted to chassis.
- Scoop: 0.020" stainless steel angled scoop (can be legally sharpened to 0.010")
- Steel Ballast: An underweight mini-sumo is at a disadvantage! This steel ballast keeps the center of gravity low.
- Screws: Four 6-32x0.375" screws for mounting the scoop, ballast and stand-offs. Four for securing circuit board to standoffs. Two hex wrenches included for tightening screws and setscrews.
- Battery: The chassis has a spot to accomodate a 26x53x26mm (2x1x1") battery. Our Rhino 11.1V 360mAh fits perfectly and will run the robot for dozens of matches. Some Velcro will secure it in place.
- Electronics: In the chassis kit, the brains are up to you. You could use an Arduino Board or another controller.
- Sensors: Opponent detection can be anything you desire. Choose your sensors here.
- Motor drivers: (if not already included in your brain)