If you're looking for a convenient way to get a 5V DC power source from your VINT Hub, this little adapter will do the trick. It connects directly to a VINT port using a Phidget Cable, giving you access to the Hub's 5V supply on the terminal blocks. By opening the Hub port in DigitalOutput mode, you can toggle the 5V provided by this adapter on and off.
Part 1: Setup
Welcome to the PSU2000 user guide! In order to get started, make sure you have the following hardware on hand:
- PSU2000 - DC Power Source 5V
- VINT Hub
- Phidget cable
- USB cable and computer
- something to use with the PSU2000 (e.g. a series circuit)
Next, you will need to connect the pieces:
- Connect the PSU2000 to the VINT Hub using the Phidget cable.
- Connect the VINT Hub to your computer with a USB cable.
- Connect the circuit to the the "5V" and "GND" terminals
Now that you have everything together, let's start using the PSU2000!
Phidget Control Panel
In order to demonstrate the functionality of the PSU2000, the Phidget Control Panel running on a Windows machine will be used.
The Phidget Control Panel is available for use on both macOS and Windows machines.
To open the Phidget Control Panel on Windows, find the icon in the taskbar. If it is not there, open up the start menu and search for Phidget Control Panel
To open the Phidget Control Panel on macOS, open Finder and navigate to the Phidget Control Panel in the Applications list. Double click on the icon to bring up the Phidget Control Panel.
For more information, take a look at the getting started guide for your operating system:
Linux users can follow the getting started with Linux guide and continue reading here for more information about the PSU2000.
After plugging the PSU2000 into your computer and opening the Phidget Control Panel, you will see something like this:
The Phidget Control Panel will list all connected Phidgets and associated objects, as well as the following information:
- Serial number: allows you to differentiate between similar Phidgets.
- Channel: allows you to differentiate between similar objects on a Phidget.
- Version number: corresponds to the firmware version your Phidget is running. If your Phidget is listed in red, your firmware is out of date. Update the firmware by double-clicking the entry.
The Phidget Control Panel can also be used to test your device. Double-clicking on an object will open an example.
Part 2: Using Your Phidget
The PSU2000 is a simple way to provide 5V DC power to a circuit or sensor. You interact with the PSU2000 through the Digital Output Channel Class to turn the 5V power on and off.
Explore Your Phidget Channels Using The Control Panel
Double click on the Digital Output channel class under the port your PSU2000 is connected to.
Part 3: Create your Program
Controlled By: Digital Output
Output Voltage: 5 V
Available External Current: * 500 mA
Turn-on Time Max: 2 ms
Object Temperature Min: -40°C
Object Temperature Max: 85°C
* - USB current is specified at 500mA, but newer USB ports often provide higher current, in which case more current would be available from the PSU2000. When using this adapter with a VINT Hub that is powered by an external power supply instead of USB, the available power will vary based on the power supply used.
|Shipping weight:||0,05 Kg|
|Product weight:||0,02 Kg|